Friday, July 27, 2012

daddy's gone

It's funny how many things one can really remember from childhood. Thinking back to when I was really small I remember feeling like daddies girl. I truly felt genuine love from him even if mother told me he didn't want me. Maybe he didn't at first but I think maybe he grew to love me.  I remember quite a lot but then again I remember alot of what I was told also. Which I later found that alot of that was not true when I got older I remember mom having a new friend and I remember how I felt so uninvited around him. I remember the roosters he had running around his yard that would chase me and peck my heals till they bled.  Also one time when I was 2 being at his house while mom and he were entertaining each other and no one was watching me I decided to pet his dog that just happened to be eating. Needless to say I was attacked.
Thankfully there was an eye doctor at the ER that day or i would have lost my eye. mom told me the surgeon said it took so many stitches it sew my bottom eye lib back on that he gave up count. My mother told me that my dad had gone and shot that dog but many years later I found out that the owner had hidden the dog and that my mom had done nothing about it. I don't remember dad being around after he left for the army until I got a bit older mostly after jody was born.